Mot stone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I am going to do my own driveway. It's 75 square meters. Does anyone know how much mot stone in tonnes I will need for a 6" layer. I'm going to get it bulk delivered and obviously don't want 3 tonnes left over ??!

Sponsored Links
If you cannot find an online MOT calculator then the job of spreading it is probably beyond you as well.

Get a man in.

You will need aboot 20 tonne. I'd be looking at what size full (direct) loads are available closest to the tonnage required from a haulage or aggregate supplier. We can get 11 tonne, 16 tonne and 22 tonne loads locally. I'd opt for a 16 tonne load in your case then add a wee bit more from a local merchant.

Sponsored Links
This is a typical building suppliers lack of user friendlyness. No one uses building matrial by weight, unless you are casting a counterweight, every one uses material to make stuff of a certain size, so they need a certain volume. In your case you need 75 X .15 Cu m ~ 11.25 Cu m.
So now it all depends on the density of the material, which is only known by the quarry.
There is a calculator here :- http://source4me.co.uk/calculate_sub_base.htm Your guess is as good as mine what the volume will be, but its a starting point.
Frank

Yes but it's a lot easier to put a lorry on a weighbridge than measure out cubic meters of material. And how do you know when you get it delivered how much is in the lorry?
Also if it's wet they are quids in....

Here it's £12.5 for 10 ton per ton, £11 for 20.

Right Tomfe, but the quarry only have to check ONCE, how much 5 Cu. m. weighs, then load vehicles in proportion. Seems its too technical/hard work :( Also as you say, the water they load costs ya.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back