MOT & Tail Light

I expect your subframe will have fallen off by then.

I often think it's a pity car factories don't buy a tin of paint, and some grease.

Sponsored Links
Thats just a manual advisory. Can't just fail it on things being 'corroded'. It has to be substantial and excessive corrosion that you can crush between thumb and forfinger within 30cm of a structural point - seat belt mounting/seat mounting/suspension mounting/subframe mounting etc. Give that 'corrosion' a good wire brushing, slap some old engine oil on it and you'll get it through next year as well. ;)

the repair to the tail light worked !
I doubt it will get through next year though,
xMOT.gif
They are both a, "so what".

Have a look in spring and re assess what, if anything, needs doing

My car passed with no problems but on the invoice, it stated, "Both rear tyres have full width tread depth of 6mm. Both front tyres have full width tread depth of 5mm. Advise client to check front tyres in 3-6 months."
New tyres have a depth of 8mm and I do less than 8k a year these days. Don't see the need for the 'separate' advice on the invoice.

Sponsored Links
They are both a, "so what".

Have a look in spring and re assess what, if anything, needs doing
there is one bit I thought it would fail on this year and as it would result in a 'big job' I was prepared to scrap it. But thankfully it was only an advisory - so it gets its 15th year. May be if it is the only issue in a years time I might repair it, at a guess ££lots££ so it won't take much more to make it not worthwhile

still absolutely joyed to get it for another year - I like my old van.

Here she is looking good shining in the sun.....

x-Van-5614.jpg

there is one bit I thought it would fail on this year and as it would result in a 'big job' I was prepared to scrap it. But thankfully it was only an advisory - so it gets its 15th year. May be if it is the only issue in a years time I might repair it, at a guess ££lots££ so it won't take much more to make it not worthwhile

still absolutely joyed to get it for another year - I like my old van.

Here she is looking good shining in the sun.....

x-Van-5614.jpg
Valid comments.

But a general "underbody corroded " comment means he hasn't found anything anywhere bad enough to properly advise on.

For example, floorpan or suspension mounting area, or similar . Sounds like just general normal corrosion and nowhere near excessive.

If I deem corrosion bad enough to advise then I state the area, not just underbody. As it is, it means nothing .

As I say, have a look in spring and re assess then, but I'd expect more life out of it

Back