Motorbikes!

Sponsored Links
Packed up riding after 35 years commuting in London traffic, thought I had better quit while still in one piece.

I used to have a vfr400 when i passed my test, it was an absolute minter, sold it though after a bad experience on a biking hol. Ive always had off road bikes though, used to race, got a crf450 at the mo, used to have supermoto wheels for road :evil: scary! lol. im sticking to motocross for now! i did mallory last year on my dads trx850 though and that was an eye opener! My two year old lad is getting into it all now though so im guna have to hang up my helmet lol. my dads just bought a vfr (800 i think) but he has new honda crosstourer too and a triumph tt600 track bike and a kx250. little en has an lt50 quad and an electric trials bike. so bikes kinda run in the family :eek:

My late dad got his licence after me but his brother towed a caravan with his combination with wife and child.

In the main very low power from North Wales to Cheddar on Honda 90 and Yamaha 50 even in summer was cold and took two days each way with tent etc.

Used a 185 trials bike captured from Argies (not by me) to get around the Falklands it was the best way to travel but not really for faint hearted I drove overnight from Mount Pleasant to Goose Green with lights failing half way there bogged a few times trip and talking to local during my trip he realised I had really tried to do more than I was able and he came out and collected me. I was so pleased to see Bob VP8LP and it really showed me how important radio coms was.

However an accident on a bike resulted in being medivaced and not ridden a motor bike since. Now push bike is my limit.

Sponsored Links
My friend recently broke his back and was paralysed in an mx race, any type of bike is dangerous but maybe thats part of the buzz.. my dads just restoring a honda cb400 that was in a garage for 16 yrs, cleaned the carbs fresh petrol, jumped it second try! honda all the way!!

I used to have a vfr400 when i passed my test, it was an absolute minter, sold it though after a bad experience on a biking hol. Ive always had off road bikes though, used to race, got a crf450 at the mo, used to have supermoto wheels for road :evil: scary! lol. im sticking to motocross for now! i did mallory last year on my dads trx850 though and that was an eye opener! My two year old lad is getting into it all now though so im guna have to hang up my helmet lol. my dads just bought a vfr (800 i think) but he has new honda crosstourer too and a triumph tt600 track bike and a kx250. little en has an lt50 quad and an electric trials bike. so bikes kinda run in the family :eek:

Absolutely amazing engines on all of the CRF series bikes even with the 150 its difficult to keep the front wheel on the deck :p
I fix 'em - wouldn't dare ride 'em!
John :)

Honda VTR and two bad XS250's that I am making into one good bike. :)

Honda VFR 800Fi Just MOT'd after sitting for 18 months, needs a good clean and forks re-painted ready for the spring!!

After a 250n Superdream for a winter hack and summer project but the prices are a bit steep at the moment.

If your restoring anything 250-400n then his is the website to visit http://honda-superdream.proboards.com/ good guys and resourcing on here!!

Another Honda man here:

CBR900RR playing the part of the commuter:
DSC_1884.jpg

Also a VFR750RC24 Race bike + another for spares.

Also also, a Kawasak Z750 racer project which I'll get round to finishing one day...

Every biker should have a go on a Fireblade......one of the most iconic bikes of all time. :cool:
Even made me feel like a pro rider :p
John :D

Since I started continental touring in 1990 -
3 ST1100 Pan Europeans
3 CBR1100XX Blackbirds
1 ST1300 Pan Euro (mistake, that one)
Now a VFR 1200 - single sided swing arm, with the shaft drive within the arm - and you can hear the drive backlash clunk a mile away :p
Other than that, 180 BHP, Fireblade front end, 200 mile range before vapour :cool:

Always amazed at the RPM a VFR400 could do! Just sorted a ZRX 400 Kawa which was similar.
Always terrified by the CRF450 - after putting a new piston in one, had to get the owner to test it......couldn't get on without a pair of steps :D
Should be fitted with a safety catch, these things......mental!
Enjoy but take care!

proper classics the vfr400's, they were sluggish setting off but they were awesome when they got going, cornering was mint! i love watching the TT but those guys are crazy!!

Sponsored Links
Back