Mould in Bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody

I am new and in need of advice- I am not good at diy :(

I have black mould growing on the window wall and have condensation on the window and have other mould scattered on the ceiling- how do I resolve this?

Do I replaster the wall and change the windows, or inject cream into the wall.

Your advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
First rule of damp treatment is to identify the cause. Mould often means a condensation problem. However damp problems can be a conbination of issues, such as penetrating damp making the walls colder will in turn will attract condensation.
Have a look at some of the threads on condensation by Richard.

Thanks Stuart

Say it is condensation, is it ok to replaster the wall, paint anitmould paint and change the window finally put a air vent in place?

thanks

Condensation is typically caused by how you live in the property (ie the moisture you produce), and then by the structure's ability to deal with this moisture.

Typically it is how you use heating and ventilation, or if you dry washing inside, or from cooking and bathroom use

Read the plethora of posts on here or the web generally on condensation reduction. If you can't reduce it by doing things differently then you should look at structural changes

The condensation on the window is a give-away that you have a problem. But if you just change the window without addressing the problem, then that condensation will just move over to the walls and possibly ceiling too. Replastering will cover things up for about three weeks

Anti-mould paint does not stop mould, it just allows it to move to other surfaces

Basically, condensation wont go away unless you deal with it at source

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back