Mountfield Petrol Mower RV150

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When used last time the engine speed increased to full revs without anything being altered. Now it still starts easily but the engine speed is too great and seems to be fastest when the speed control is at slow position(tortoise) and slowest at fast position (Hare)? the self propelled drive also seems to have speeded up? Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Engine speed linkeage down at the end of the cable might need a look for stiff, fouling something?

Sponsored Links
Briggs engine :?: New diaphragm in carb needed - simple DIY fix - causes strange running . Loads of videos online to show how it`s done . I bought a Hayter with a Briggs engine @ auction - when hot it belched smoke : . Thought maybe engine stuffed :cry: Turned out to be the crankcase breather stuck :: I just used the parts from my old Mountfield with the same engine ;) On yours it`s worth checking the govenor flap under the starter/blower cover - could be jammed with dry grass . All easy stuff but you need some AF spanners and small sockets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back