Mounting and Fixing insulated pipes to the wall and joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have a 15m run of 28mm copper pipe, most of which will go in the loft. The pipe will be insulated with pipe sleeving, 19mm thickness.

My question is: What is the best way of securing the pipe to the walls and joists. If I use standard 28mm plastic clips I will have to put them on spacers and cut holes in the pipe insulation so it will fit around them.

I am thinking of using the type of clips designed more for plastic drainage pipes as this would save all the cutting and spacing and potential heat loss. But this is such a common task that there must be clips designed for this very purpose. What do you guys use? Kind thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
oh yeah and find space for 19mm insulation at the back
3d-paranoid.gif

Plumbers use anything cheap!
In a loft, will it be supported on the floor?

If not, you could use Builders' Band (metal strapping with holes in) or even t&e pvc cable with nails hammered through.
Guttering or similar clips would be good, as it would surely be better not to break the insulation. Hmmm, 66mm, donpipes are about that size - close enough I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back