Move upstairs bathroom?

Hi

Thank you very much for your continued helpful replies :)

Confused; do you mean bringing the stack up between the joists or are you running the horizontal part of the drain from the loo between the joists?

Yes it will run in line with the joists (See amended pic)

So it connection to the stack going to be at high level rather than at ground level? Remember the maximum length of an unvented soil branch is 6m; if the total length to the vented stack exceeds this, you will need an air inlet (Durgo) valve.

It will exit at 2nd floor level and I guess the run will be about 6m into an already vented stack. Would it be prudent to install a Durgo Valve regardless?

1:40 (25mm per/m) slope will be OK; if you take it too steep over longish runs, solids can tend to hang in the pipe

Thats a great bit of advice, will remember the 1m/25mm rule is that the optimum drop for a soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
Yes it will run in line with the joists (See amended pic). It will exit at 2nd floor level and I guess the run will be about 6m into an already vented stack. Would it be prudent to install a Durgo Valve regardless?
Makes sense now; if it’s 4m to outside, + 2.5m + fittings at the toilet, the overall run looks to be between 7-8m to me in which case you may need an AAAV. See what happens but your BI may insist on one. If you’re teeing into the horizontal run with sink/shower/bath waste then you will probably need vents or a Hepv0 valve on those to prevent the traps siphoning. You will also need to provide rodding access on the on both runs; basically you need access to each straight run from either one end or the other.

Thats a great bit of advice, will remember the 1m/25mm rule is that the optimum drop for a soil pipe?
B regs. state between 18 – 90mm per metre; personally I wouldn’t go below 20mm/metre & generally aim for around 25mm/metre; you can go much steeper on short runs as needs be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back