Moved Telewest cable - now not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have extended my telewest cable to a new room, cut the cable connector off and wired it in to a digital coaxial outlet. I have used a new cable to join my broadband modem to the new socket - it dosen't work. The cable worked before I cut off the connector.

The problem seems to be the new socket it is an unscreened digital coxal 'sat' socket. Do I need the slightly more expensive screened one??? whats the difference?

Sponsored Links
My existing TW cable was long enough to reach the new location and I'm in the process of doing up my new lounge. I'll get TW to sort it out if I can't get it working again. Do you think the'll charge me???

You will get charged £75...
I will give you a tip though, on your telewest phone line, open the socket, pull one of the 2 wires from the terminals...
ring telewest who will book you a service call, when engineer turns up he will find the fault in 2 mins...

always remember plenty of tea and smiles

Remove all evidence of you tampering with coax, ask him to extend this for you, give him £20 job done

Sponsored Links
you say you used a new cable to connect the modem to the output, what is this new cable made of?

I used existing cables for the job. Rather than having the cable coming out of the floor boards I put a box in the wall and attached the cable to a new 'sat' face plate. this is where the connection seems to have broken, as when I connect my modem to the new socket I don't get any signal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back