Moving A Bathroom Light - Is This OK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone...

I have just bought a house and am currently working on the bathroom. It's the smallest room i think i've ever seen, it's an end house and as a result has 2 sloping ceilings.

It is currently wired with a ceiling rose that is directly above the bath and I wanted to move it about a metre away from it's current position. I could then swap it for an angled ceiling rose on one of the slopes which would cure all my problems.

My question is, whats the best way to move it?

I cannot replace ALL the cable runs as the lofts are so small it's near impossible to trace where cables run from and too. I can however easily get into the loft directly above the bathroom light.

Is it ok to pull the cables into the loft and connect them all into a connection block, then run just one cable from the block to the new light position and fit a battenholder without a rose (just the 3 terminal ones) rather than extending ALL 3 current cables (With Junction boxes) and running them ALL to the new light position and fitting another ceiling rose style fitting.

Hope this makes sense and sorry it's such long reading for such a simple question.

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers

Sponsored Links
More a less you can do what you want to do, but if you mean a connection block like:

TLCON2.JPG

Then no, it has to be enclosed, you could use the connector strip and put it in a box designed for such purpose:

CHOCBOXA.JPG

, Or you could use a standard round electrical junction box

AAJB20.JPG

Thats a 20A four terminal box, which should be what you need.

Make sure that the connection is accessible for inspection

Thank you very much i'll get a 4 terminal junction box i think.

Cheers for the quick reply, Much appreciated...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back