moving a supply

no problems, if you need further advice on how to do 'stuff' with electrics, go to youtube and search for 'handymantips'

unfortunately, you wont get much 'advice' that will help you here as what you are proposing to do is illegal...

Sponsored Links
he got what i thought he'd get :p

he's probably trawling s/fix forum for the answer. Lets hope he's ok (or at least lives close to a hospital)

Sponsored Links
no problems, if you need further advice on how to do 'stuff' with electrics, go to youtube and search for 'handymantips'

unfortunately, you wont get much 'advice' that will help you here as what you are proposing to do is illegal...

thanks for the striaghtforward answer......

for the benefit of the others - yes i know its illegal.... as for dangerous??

so if i get a qualified electrician to move the supply 30 mtrs without the knowledge of the electric company its "dangerous"- but if they know about it it isn't? mmmmmm how many gcse's do you need to work that one out!!

as for the quips about contacting the seller of the house or the project manager- all i can say is that i wouldnt employ you to work on the house as you quite clearly would be incapable of reading the insructions on the boxes

why don't you re read the thread and realise how stupid you look- simply to make a stupid point!!

for the benefit of the others - yes i know its illegal....
So why are you doing it, and why are you expecting people here to help you do it?

as for dangerous??

so if i get a qualified electrician to move the supply 30 mtrs without the knowledge of the electric company its "dangerous"-
It may be less dangerous for him because of his knowledge and skills, but it would still be illegal.

but if they know about it it isn't? mmmmmm how many gcse's do you need to work that one out!!
Obviously more than you have if you can't work out that the DNO cannot know about it because they wouldn't let him do it. They are the only ones who are allowed.

And he knows that, which is why he is, quite rightly, having nothing to do with it.

as for the quips about contacting the seller of the house or the project manager- all i can say is that i wouldnt employ you to work on the house as you quite clearly would be incapable of reading the insructions on the boxes

why don't you re read the thread and realise how stupid you look- simply to make a stupid point!!
The quip about the seller of the house was just that, a quip.

My comments about the guy who project-managed the new build were perfectly serious, and perfectly true.

Whoever he was he was an incompetent and ignorant buffoon, and his failings have now created a serious problem for you - you should not let him get away with it.

So why are you doing it, and why are you expecting people here to help you do it?

because i object to having to dig out a 40mtr trench and do all the backfill and making good just to allow the electric company drop a 40 metre long cable into the trench and connect it to the pole and my meter position and charge me 6500 quid for the privelege!!!

if any of you guys can make that more than a hours work for two guys ill tear my cock off and suck the soggy end

don't you just love it when someone starts a thread with something like -
"hello, im a dangerous loon who has not got the first idea of what im talking about or doing. I've dropped a monumental bow lock and am now trying to polish a turd, please help!"

but then a few posts later its -

"you don't know what your talking about, dangerous? don't make me laugh. Im telling you the whole job only takes an hour..."

ffs

Diddly,

You built this house yourself, didn't you! :)

might i suggest a sharp knife and maybe a liberal sprinkling of salt and a splash of lime juice.... Buon Appetito!!

and i have a friend who works for the company concerned and he confirms that it is indeed a maximum 45 mins work

i know a 12 year old once qualified as an electrician

brain surgery it aint!!

because i object to having to dig out a 40mtr trench and do all the backfill and making good just to allow the electric company drop a 40 metre long cable into the trench and connect it to the pole and my meter position and charge me 6500 quid for the privelege!!!
I'm sure you do, but there's SFA you can do about it.

Like I say - try giving that w*nker of a project manager a good kicking.

and i have a friend who works for the company concerned and he confirms that it is indeed a maximum 45 mins work

i have a friend who says that a lot of people make stuff up. Im not sure whether to believe him or not.
i know a 12 year old once qualified as an electrician
did he build your house aswell?

I wonder how much PL costs for a 12yo sparky?
brain surgery it aint!!
brain surgery it ain't, but it seems as though its still too difficult for you.

What will you do if the DNO do happen to find out what you've done and cut off your supply?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back