moving a toilet along the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm just about to move into a new flat, and the bathroom is very small: 6'5 x 5'5. at the moment the toilet is inbetween the sink and the bath along the 6ft back wall so the lay out is: bath in left corner,toilet then basin in right corner. I was wondering how difficult/expensive it would be to switch the toilet and basin. The soil pipe is vertical but the floor is suspended floor boards. I dont know which way the joists run unfortunatly.
thanks

Sponsored Links
My daughter needs the reverse doing. Her toilet is next to the wall, there is not enough room to open your legs when you sit on the loo (hope you not eating)

I think if you change the layout you may have a similar problem.

If the toilet exits out of the back wall, rather than down throughthe floor its not difficult to do. (How many floors is the flat)

oh yeah I forgot its the ground floor so no probs with nieghbours underneath

Sponsored Links
If you have floor boards, the boards should be running in the opposite direction to the joists. If you are lucky enough to have the joists in the desired direction, then it shouldn't be too difficult to swap the toilet with the basin. If its a new flat then it is almost certainly a plastic soil pipe and there are many fittings available from plumbers merchants to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back