Moving extractor hood in block of flats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all :)

I've had my offer on a flat in London approved but before I proceed with any legal business, I wanted to understand whether kitchen extractor hoods can be moved in a block of flats

I have no clue about this kind of thing. The flat is on the 6th floor of about 12 and the kitchen section of the open kitchen/living room is small, so I'd want to push the kitchen bar section back further into the living room. However, this is where the oven, hob and extractor hood are located.

I have 2 questions:
1. How practical would this be considering its in a block of flats and would need to move everything including the extractor hood
2. Approximately how much would this work cost?

Thanks a lot for any help :)

Sponsored Links
Where and how does the current one extract to? No one can answer your second question without knowing what you are planning in more detail. Can you get a builder to do a site visit with you.

Sponsored Links
An extractor needs a hole in the wall. Unless you have a balcony or something, it will be fairly difficult to make a new hole on the 6th floor, and the building owners might not permit it. The building will have some kind of insulation snd weather cladding and fire protection.

Are you thinking of making a new hole? Or of using an existing one? How?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back