Moving Hot Water Tank downstairs - Is it possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our Current hot water/heating system is a simple vented system with Cold Water Tank in the Loft and Hot Water tank on the 1st floor in the bathroom.

Now the bathroom is not the greatest size and a large chunk is taken up my the hot water tank.

Now downstairs we have a nice space in the utility room (Right below the bathroom) where we could locate the hot water tank ie Freeing up the space in the bathroom.

So is there any reason I can't move my hot water tank downstairs? Will it effect the hot water pressure?

Ben

Sponsored Links
Perfectly acceptable to do that. Hot water pressure would not change as the pressure is dictated by the height of the CWSC. How is the cylinder heated? You will need to make sure flow and return pipes to/from boiler are adequetly vented so you dont cause any air locks.

Your main aim initially is to move cylinder and get hot water back on, via immersion if necessary. Then concentrate on heating circuit. If in doubt seek professional guidance as it could save a costly mistake, if you are at all unsure. If all went well it should be easily done in a day... plan ahead and dont start trying to buy the stuff you need the morning you need it...

It depends also on whether or not you have gravity hot water or pumped.

Sponsored Links
There will probably be central heating controls and electrics to relocate / rewire too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back