Moving House

Sponsored Links
unlike doors and windows and light fittings etc, loft ladders are not essential parts of the building fabric and as such don't "need" to be present..
my loft doesn't have one, i have to get the steps out of the shed if I want to go up there..

if you have fancy glass panelled doors you can take them out and replace with standard doors etc..

No you can't. You can't replace your new radiators with old ones. You sell the house with the fitments in place - and that includes the loft ladder. You can't go around changing new doors for old, new worktops for old etc. If it's fixed - you can't take it.

I never had any problems with taking my front door lock, its moved with me 4 times :eek:

Sponsored Links
unlike doors and windows and light fittings etc, loft ladders are not essential parts of the building fabric and as such don't "need" to be present.

joe-90 said:
No you can't. You can't replace your new radiators with old ones. You sell the house with the fitments in place - and that includes the loft ladder. You can't go around changing new doors for old, new worktops for old etc. If it's fixed - you can't take it.
A vendor can remove anything - provided he informs the purchaser before exchange of contract. Technically he could strip out the central heating, double glazing, fitted carpets, all the kitchen cupboards, built-in white goods, fitted wardrobes etc, without having to replace them. Although he has to make good any damage.

The only time you are obliged to replace is if you remove light fittings, when you have to install a working bulb.

if you have fancy glass panelled doors you can take them out and replace with standard doors etc.
Strangely, doors are not mentioned on the list; door furniture is. Presumably they assume that most people will not remove a door due to the problems making it fit properly at the next house.

The vendor can always negotiate a price with the purchaser for items excluded for the sale, but they must be a "just and reasonable valuation". This is to prevent "artificial" reduction of the house price so it drops into a lower Stamp Duty band.

surely you can't take the windows, they are part of the fabric of the building.. that's like saying you can take the tiles off the roof

the kitchen if fitted [to the wall]is classified as fixtures and fitting
if its a series off rustic pine cabinets floor standing side by side to give a country kitchen look then they can be taken

if you own a house and intend to sell it you can take anything you like out of the sale as long as it is documented before a price is agreed, a lot of people assume things are being left when they view a house and when they buy and move in things (like the loft ladder ) are not there, best bet is to discuss everything before you agree a price, you dont need to go round and list every single thing, but if you ask the question "what is included in the price and will be here when i buy, and what are you taking with you" this will cover all items

Sponsored Links
Back