Moving my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a boiler in a utility room at the rear of the house which has a chimney running up the back wall of the house near to the master bedroom.
As the utility room is also below the master bedroom you can imagine the noise from the boiler travelling both up through the ceiling and the pipes and from the chimney outside.

What I want to do is take the existing boiler and have it moved to the side of the house and also move the oil tank to the side of the house as well.

This work involves the following:
digging up approx 4 square feet of concrete in the utility room to expose the pipes running to the boiler.
Moving the boiler to the side of the house and extending the existing pipes by approx 12 foot to the new boiler location.
Extending any wiring from the existing point to the new boiler location.
Disconnecting the existing oil tank and reconnecting to the boiler at the new location.

The new boiler will be placed in a prefab boiler house.

Could any plumbers out there have a quick think and come up with a ball park figure for this work to give me something to go on.

Cheers for any info.

Sponsored Links
Quotes are difficult over a computer screen. Plumbers will need to see what is involved before giving a figure.
Sorry but you will have to phone around and choose the best person for the job. :(
With heating I would put the persons reputation before price. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back