Moving sockets up about 6 inches

If no RCD, then one will need to be fitted. This unfortunately makes this work notifiable as well.

Really? I don't see "adding an RCD" on the list of notifiable activities.

If you change the CU then yes, of course.

Certainly the RCD must be properly tested and the results recorded on the minor works cert for the changes.

Watch out for the addendum to 17th edition. You may find that having an RCD for a minor change like moving a socket will not be necessary in the future.

Sponsored Links
Really? I don't see "adding an RCD" on the list of notifiable activities.
There is no "list of notifiable activities".

There is a list of non-notifiable work. You start at the top, and read down it. As soon as you come to a match with what you're doing you stop - the work is non-notifiable.

If you get to the end without finding a match, it is notifiable.

You will not find "adding an RCD" in Schedule 2B, so it is notifiable.

Ahh, now. Here I find myself with something of a difficulty because I DO have a list of notifiable activities.

I am registered electrician and therefore must notify through my regd. body (NAPIT). This is done though a web-based form and this does not list "adding an RCD" as an activity that I can notify, so I cannot, so I don't.

Here's the comprehensive list that I can choose from:
View media item 27452
Messy, ain't it?

But that's the real World.

Sponsored Links
Messy.

And illegal.

Ignorance is no excuse - the fact that NAPIT, who do not write legislation, provide you with a list which prevents you from notifying notifiable work does not mean that it is not a criminal offence for you to install an RCD and not notify it.

Any tw@ can write a list which is wrong, and that's what NAPIT have done.

Installing an RCD is notifiable, no matter what mistakes NAPIT have made.

But installing emergency lighting per se is not.

Nor, if it's to replace a damaged cable, is a partial rewire.

Nor, outside of a special location or kitchen, is control wiring or, necessarily, ELV lighting.

How can they get it so wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back