Moving staircase to side of house victorian terrace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a Victorian terrace house with the stairs separating the two reception rooms. The house is a terrace with an extension on the right hand side at the back. The stairs run from left to right which was changed from the opposite direction originally.
I wanted to open up the living room and front room by moving the stairs to the side of the house and knocking through the wall between the rooms (one is a supporting wall). Several houses on the road have done the same. I have put diagrams of the current layout and proposed layout at the bottom.
Does anyone know how much this would cost to do?

Current layout

Proposed layout

Sponsored Links
No idea on price - ask the neighbours?

Given that there has been a previous change in the first floor joisting arrangements, it might be worthwhile getting an opinion of what exactly you have now, before any alterations are attempted.

Anything, or most anything, can be done in a house if you are willing to pay for it.

Hi Hedonal,
Did you ever get this changed? I have a similar layout and would be interested to know if you found a solution?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back