MP3 cd's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems like my Zafira won't play MP3 CDs (yes, I have to use CDs as it does not even have an aux port!). It's a CD30 stereo head, and I heard it will only support basic audio CDs. However, when burning on Windows, it burns as MP3. Is there anyway I can burn it in a format that the car stereo would accept? I am not sure what format it plays it does not say in the user manual.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
@RandomGrinch I am getting an error when burning. I think it's something to do with the CD as I have already written songs on it and being a CD R I think it means I will be needing another blank CD.

@RandomGrinch I am getting an error when burning. I think it's something to do with the CD as I have already written songs on it and being a CD R I think it means I will be needing another blank CD.
CD-R - is generally single use write once, CD-RW is rewritable - so multiple writing. I could be wrong, but it (your stereo) may support MP3’s but it’s to do with the way it’s burnt, iirc you have to select the option for being able to playback on CD players.

Last edited:
Any reason for not buying a FM transmitter?
Play music from memory card or stream from phone

ORIA Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car, [Upgraded] Wireless in-Car Radio Adapter Car Kit, Universal Car Charger with Dual USB Charging, Hands-Free Calling, Music Player Supports TF Card & USB Disk https://amzn.eu/d/8fVFxZh

My mate used to have one many years ago and it's not great for sound quality, theres a distinct lack of clarity and you can hear distortion at higher volumes.

Pretty sure there arebetter quality ones though.

Other option is buy another stereo and replace. I've always fitted my own with adaptor plate and ISO leads. All plug and play.

Re FM transmitter.
Get one with good reviews and they are ok. I run one for a while before I swapped out.

Ok. What I know.

Been a while but I used a free program https://cdburnerxp.se/
It's open source software as I always try and find free and open source software..

My cd stereo was old and not all my own burnt CDs would play which is due to the discs not being reflective enough. I found the Sony discs would play though no problem so I bought in packs of 50.
You might need to try different brands of blank discs to find what works.
Also don't burn the discs at top speed. I found setting the burn at a lower speed ( 20x) worked fine vs full speed (52x) which failed. I think it's because the laser never burnt surface so well going fast causing read errors.

Keep your CDs in the dark. Don't let the sun damage surface. They also only last a few years. Many of mine stoped working eventually.

One other thing.

You have to select burn audio. This will convert MP3 to wave file on the fly.

If you select burn data the software won't convert to audio and burn data. So it stays as MP3 file.

Under windows program if you use. Look for burn audio

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back