MS Flight Simulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has MS Flight Simulator Deluxe and has successfully loaded the software and has spent many hours enjoying the simulator.
I have noticed recently that he has to regularly re-load all the CDs to run the simulator.
He has a MS account and the Simulator is showing as already downloaded, but he still has to load the discs.
What is he doing wrong?
When asked, he keeps mentioning 'authentication,' but I can't seem to get out of him by what he means.
He is easily frustrated and I keep telling him that something must be wrong as I am confident that he should only load the discs once, and then launch it each time from his MS account.
Grateful for any advice.
Cheers All
Doug

Sponsored Links
It's probably all a bit too vague of an account of the problem to give targeted advice, but perhaps he needs to periodically reinstall parts of the software that are updating when he doesn't want them to..

Can you get a better detail on what's going wrong without annoying a son who doesn't seem keen on going into detail on the issue

It's probably all a bit too vague of an account of the problem to give targeted advice, but perhaps he needs to periodically reinstall parts of the software that are updating when he doesn't want them to..

Can you get a better detail on what's going wrong without annoying a son who doesn't seem keen on going into detail on the issue
Thanks Robin - Next time it happens, I'll ask him to show me what the system is prompting him. It takes an age to re-load all the discs each time which suggests something is wrong.

Sponsored Links
At the very least he could see about imaging the discs into the hard drive then they can be mounted with the click of a mouse (Google "mount iso windows 10" and also for how to create ISOs out of discs) and they would work a lot faster than an optical drive .. but let's dig into it and see

Back