much higher cold pressure than hot - shower question

do you think i will be okay with feeding 1 bar pressure into it given that's right at the top of the limit? i think the the hot will be around .5 or .6 bar so that falls within their 5:1 pressure ratio

Sponsored Links
100%

gros10-1.gif

so using the grohe pumped shower - is it going to produce enough pressure to give a decent shower from a large overhead showerhead - one of those big 'rain' function ones.

was thinking of having a three way divertor, so can either use overhead rain head, normal showerhead on slider rail or fill the bath....

Sponsored Links
yeh thats along the lines of what i was thinking... except will have to acquire the bits myself as the price i paid for the wireless pumped package was too good to pass up...

bugger - is that because the pressure won't be high enough?

does the pump not increae the pressure? just the flow?

how di i know what sort of showerheads will be suitable?

i'm a bit confused now you might have guessed!

What you have is:

1. high pressure cold mains
2. A pumped hot supply from the DHW cylinder.

OK, fit the single line pump. After the pump and before the mixer fit a pressure equalising valve. Both the cold and hot pipes go through and out the valve. This drops the highest pressure to the lowest. So the cold mains will drop to that of the pressure of the pumped hot line. No need for a pressure reducer. Just make sure the mixer can take the static pressure of the cold mains. They usually can all take up to 10 bar. If above the mixers range, highly unlikely, fit a pressure reducer.

http://www.bes.co.uk
type in Part No. 16711

hi bigburner,

thanks for your response - but you will see from earlier in this thread i have already purchased the pumped version of this shower, upon advice from several sources.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back