Multi point locks-- double doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I'm new here (just signed up having read so many things over the past few months).

I've had a company based around London fit 2 double glazed double doors.

One of these leads from the house to the conservatory. The other leads to the garden.

Both of these doors have one set of (what i believe to be called) 'multi point locks'. That is (if i get it right) - only one door bolts into the frame. The other does not and fits only onto the other door.

My question is this: Does building regs have anything to say about this? Is it safe to have this locking scheme (particularly for the door to the outside). Is it reasonable to assume that both doors should have had this, or is this actually 'acceptable' in your views.

My other issue is that i can fit my finger in between the door and the frame on one set of doors. Clearly poor. I was wondering if that's related to the lack of 2 multi point locks, or just plain bad fitting (or a bad door construction). Both doors have this problem. One of them only has a gap of around 2mm though in one place. On both doors, it's the one without the multi point lock (i.e the second to close) that have the gap. My take on this is that when the doors are shut the door itself should be tight against the gasket in the frame. Am I right?

Many thanks.
PJ

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back