Muting external sounder on i-on40H

(FSL) 2 cable 2k/4K7 as my setting then that is 2k2 as the eol and this determines secure or tamper, the 4K7 goes across the alarm pair (reed) to determine active zone.

Sponsored Links
Small update now being told the panel needs replacing Again……

well think I’m there when it turns up

one last Q if a PIR has been spurred off another one, you just run that as if it was just a normal single PIR?

TY all

The contact in your picture above is 4 wire.
red and black is the alarm pair and blue and yellow the tamper pair.

I can see from the manual, that the panel and older expanders require you to use the same wiring methods throughout.

so any sensor wired to the panel must use the same wiring type ie resistors if that is what you have selected.
If you have an expander you would have to check if you have the expander that is capable iof accepting mixed wiring types.
No expander
the keypad does give you an option of choosing what type for all then you can individually change them ie for the 2 door contacts will amend them to 2K2

cheers bud

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back