My bosch dishwashers broken, I going to have a breakdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:eek: :( Can someone help, got a Bosch Dishwasher, its about 4 years old, I think a excel. It wont drain, I have been on the Bosch site, followed all instructions, checked the impellor found the odd lolly stick and fruit pips, however didnt clear the fault. Had the back off the dishwasher, it would appear watching the cycle that when the water tries to drain its trying its best to pull the water up the outlet (you can hear it trying) but it just cant manage it, Had the pipe off no blockage, what could it be any suggestion. Is it the pump, could there be a block in it, how do you get it out of the machine. Caught between buying a new machine or calling a repairman in and paying out for a new pump (any idea the cost?) and labour or trying desparately to do it ourselves.

Sad as it may seem, I hate washing up, its up there with ironing, and if anyone can recognise this problem, I would be ever so grateful, and youd be helping me keep my sanity.

regards
sharon

Sponsored Links
The debris has probably damaged the pump or there's a blockage you haven't found.
Awkward machine to work on as the tub assembly has to be removed and the parts are razor sharp.
Worth getting a quote for repair though as they are good dishwashers.
Dishwashers are not waste disposal machines, best practice is to rinse the stuff before putting it in the dishwasher, that way no foreign objects get in to block/damage parts of it.

I know this is an old thread but a similar problem just happened to me.

Bought this dishwasher in Dec 2007 second Bosch no problem with first, just died of old age.

However today the machine just stopped when it got to the first drain, pump not turning at all, just silent so emptied the machine removed the filters and the small cap in the bottom to expose pump and removed a small piece of glass don't think I got it all but I can't feel any more. The pump is now turning thought I had fixed it but although the pump is turning it isn't taking the water out.

Trouble is my dishwasher is integrated so if I have damaged the pump will the machine have to be taken out? We have a supplier of appliance spares not too far away and their engineers are very good and we don't get ripped off........still disappointed I hadn't fixed it though, would like to think I could do something and avoid a call out.

Just traded my 11 year old Focus in for a 2011 Fiesta picking it up tomorrow so big repair bill will be real bad timing.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back