My Bosch Worcester 30 si is playing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok chaps.

I had this fitted about 12 months ago along with the usual new rads and thermostatic valves.
Since then its been fine up until last week.

The thermostat is a Honeywell analogue one (dial!)

The heating didnt seem to be coming on as the programs dictated it should be whenever the thermstat dial was down to 19 degrees or below. Turn it above 20 and you could hear a click and the heating kicked in. (I know I know...the ambient temp was obviously above 19 degrees...but it wasnt!! it was freezing!0

Anyway, this brings me to today... I had turned the thermostat up to 21 and I got back this evening and the house was like a furnace as I knew it would be, however on checking, the combi pressure was about 2.8 bar :eek:

I turned the CH off and the pressure is now down to 2 bar?

but I have no idea what could have caused this or where I should go from here?

could someone advise please ;)

A corgi plumber is a last resort at this stage as funds are tight! (unless it is gas related and it isnt I dont think)

Sponsored Links
Remove the filling loop. It may be bypassing across into the heating side.

Thanks for the input undercover.
Can you clarify that you actually mean 'remove' the filling loop as in cap it off?
it is less than 6 months old? is it possible it is seeping past the seals or something?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back