My heating will not turn off - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is a Vaillant Thermo Compact VC GB 112E boiler and the timer device is made by Honeywell with both installed about 12 years ago.

I have spoken with Vaillant technical support and explained that when the timer is on for the hot water and/or heating when the timer ends and it should turn off although it does at the timer unit it does not turn the boiler off with the pilot light still going and a flame showing. I can turn it off at the boiler switch.

They said that did not think it sounded like a fault with the boiler but rather a fault with Honeywell's timer unit which they do not cover. I will ring Honeywell tomorrow to see what say.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
My boiler is a Vaillant Thermo Compact VC GB 112E boiler and the timer device is made by Honeywell with both installed about 12 years ago.

I have spoken with Vaillant technical support and explained that when the timer is on for the hot water and/or heating when the timer ends and it should turn off although it does at the timer unit it does not turn the boiler off with the pilot light still going and a flame showing. I can turn it off at the boiler switch.

They said that did not think it sounded like a fault with the boiler but rather a fault with Honeywell's timer unit which they do not cover. I will ring Honeywell tomorrow to see what say.

Any ideas?

Sticking 3 or 2 port valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back