my toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya, i think this is where this should go.
My toilet has only the minimum amount of water in the bowl, at time looking like it has none, has any-one any idea what it could be? i would be very grateful for suggestions or advice , thankyou in advance :D

Sponsored Links
your cat drank it :idea: ..................................or it got syphoned out -maybe a blockage down the sewer line ;)

A blocked vent stack, or partial blockage in soil pipe?
Something caught in the trap, and acting like a wick? (cue the marigolds, mirror on a stick and torch)

Is it on the ground floor or upstairs?
Is there a soil vent stack running up to roof level, or is there an air admittance valve on a short stack, probably in the room as the toilet?

If it is on the ground floor, it may not need a vent as the stack is relatively short, but a partial blockage downstream can draw water out of the pan.

funnily enough..ive just installed a brand new bathroom suite in my bathroom.....ive got one of them half flush, full flush toilets....even the water in there, in the bowl doesnt seem to be full ....it sems a lot less then the old toilet i had......mind you this new toilet flushes in a whirlpool kind of action...i think they are designed to use less water and flush this way...hope this helps

Sponsored Links
The water seal couldn't be drawn out unless there's a blocked or missing vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back