my washing machine need some t.l.c. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my machine keeps getting stuck on a cycle. if this happens i just nudge it on and it crries on , but im affraid this will damage it .

also i did this yesterday , and the conditioner compartment on my machine never gets rinsed out properly and i am left with conditioner still in the drawer .. i read the thing on this in the ' sticky ' part of this thread , but i still dont know how to fix it myself. dont want to call someone out if i can help it. all help would be hugely appreciated this time of year , with such little money, let alone having to fork out for a new washing machine .

model : Hoover Performa 1100 if needed .

Sponsored Links
If it sticks in the early part of the wash it ould be that the heater is not heating the waterand if it does not reach the correct temperature it will not advance the programme. You should be able to hear if the water is heating up by putting your ear to the machine. May need new element.

If conditioner not being emptied out make sure tray and reservoir is clean. Does it have a little green centre poece. Pull this off and clean its underside and the hole it covers. There should be some evidence that some water is reaching the conditioner compartment. If not valve to it may have failed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back