Myson Apollo 15/30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea's guys

The above named boilers pilot light kept going out. Had an engineer (of sorts) out and he has replaced the thermocouple and the Honeywell gas valve. It then took loads of attempts to get the pilot to stay lit. When it did it stayed lit for about 3 hours and its just taken loads of attemps again to get the pilot to stay lit. The main problem is i can release the gas valve button 99% of the way but when i let it go that last little bit the pilot goes out. Please help guys!! Its all gettin replaced but not for three weeks and north east england aint warm!

Sponsored Links
Is the pilot flame on the tc, and
make sure you're pressing the button on the GV right to the bottom.

Got a new injector fitted onto the pilot and it throws a flame out horizontily directly onto the TV. As far as i'm aware i'm pushing the GV button right in but as i said previously, the problem seems to be when i fully release the GV.

I thought these models had an over heat stat?

If so, will the pilot stay lit with it bypassed. IT CANNOT BE LEFT LIKE THIS IF IT DOES.

David

Sponsored Links
directly onto the TV
Heavens. Do you think that's wise?

as i said previously, the problem seems to be when i fully release the GV.
One read that.
A connection problem perhaps. Thermocuple interruptor resistance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back