Myson Apollo Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My boiler fan or something comes on for 30 seconds every few minutes, the boiler looks quite old but i cant afford to change it at the moment, i have had a couple of people come round and they said there should be no real need to change it but they dont know why the boiler makes this noise every few minutes, it does pump air out the fan in the wall so i can only assume that its the fan coming on or a pump of some sort, the flame doesnt light up at this time so i am unsure as to what it is. when the boiler is on it is quite loud so this noise is really annoying.. i have to keep it switched off at the mains so it doesnt come on but his means i cannot use the timeswith.

can anyone shed any light on this please..

Sponsored Links
If the fan has a permanent pilot then the fan should run every so often to clear the fumes caused by the pilot flame. If it is unduely noisy then the fan bearings could be knackered.

Do not turn off at the mains as you will get a build-up of POC (products of combustion) in the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back