Myson ivector rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any experience of these, we have rads that need changing, these are expensive but if the company guff is anything to go by they should be very efficient. Also, due to the fan assistance how much smaller can the rads be? Or is it a case of changing like for like size wise?
Looked everywhere, can't find any reviews or anything.

Linky
http://www.radiators.co.uk/myson-ivector-iv60x160-intelligent-fan-convector.html

Sponsored Links
I have two Smith's fan convectors and they are much smaller than the equivalent rad.

But don't guess what size you need, work out the heat loss from the room, or if you have an existing radiator that is OK for the room, maybe look it up in a catalogue and replace it for a fan convector of the same heat output.

It's the heat output that matters, not the physical size of the product.

The Smith's ones have been very reliable, I know little about the Myson ones.

Radiator/heater sizing is mostly science and partly art.

Edit: Size them based on the heat output at the lowest fan speed. That way they'll be quieter.

I had a Myson convector rad in my first house back in the 70's yes we did have electricity as far back as then :D . It was very similar to the ones shown just a bit more teak wood finish and grey front panel in appearance.

It was ideal as we were very strapped for wall space having three doors and a staircase in a very small space, after a few years it got a bit louder but not that bad it worried us in fact my PC is humming away much more than that did.
It also had the advantage of moving air around in summer and had an air filter that trapped a fair bit of house dust.

It also had the advantage of moving air around in summer.

I like the way they move the air around in winter too, it seems to prevent most of the stratification that you can get with rads in older houses.

Sponsored Links
Good afternoon ricfrench,

Thanks for your interest in the Myson iVector, below I have attached a link for the sales brochure, if you check page 9 you will see the iVector can be typically half the size of a traditional radiator.

http://www.myson.co.uk/static_files/my/media/downloads/iVector_Sales_Tech_2013_(S).pdf

As mogget mentions you would benefit from calculating what size emitter you require for the space then cho
osing the correct solution. We do offer a heat loss manager CD, please PM us your address and we will send you the latest version free of charge.

Kind Regards
Andrew Lowery (Product Manager)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back