myson midas

Horribly expensive. CHeck http://www.partscenter.co.uk/hrpc/default.html and enter key words in the online catalogue bit and you'll find the sensors, and the pcb which comes up:
THORN 4546667 PCB MAIN BOARD
404C656 MIDAS SFI,SI

Retail Price
(Excluding VAT and quantity discounts) £286.958 (= 337.18)
How they can charge that is beyond me. (It's the 0.8p which does it!) You will be able to get a chunk off from other suppliers but even so.

I don't know the boiler but I would guess the sensors are both thermistors, so if you're handy with a multimeter you should be able to measure A resistance, then call baxi tech on 08706 049049, wait a lot, tell them you're corgi reg if necessary (this isn't near any gas..) and check the values.

If you do need a board you could try a boiler breaker for a s/h one (there's one near me) or at the death a reconditioned board. I normally avoid them like the plague because I've seen some horrid ones - safety circuiits overriden, for example!

You never know , if you just scrape that corrosion off, you might get lucky.

Sponsored Links
tried the multimeter for the red sensor ihad it set on 200kohms and got a reading of 45.0 for the blue sensor i had it set on 2000 ohms and got a reading of 009 dont know if they are good or bad had no luck with BAXI
i haven`t had chace to take the blue one to clean it yet just wondered if the readings shed any light on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back