Myson shutdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I'm having probs with my Myson Midas 'B' Combi, here are the symptoms.
When the central heating is off and I turn it on I can hear water boiling in the heat exchanger, there is a lot of gurgling noises and then the whole thing justs shuts down, including the pilot light.
After waiting a few minutes and then relighting the pilot the boiler fires up without any trouble.
I suspect that it's the over-heat stat.....any thoughts

Sponsored Links
I suspect that it's the over-heat stat.....
The overheat stat doing it's job as it should. The problem is something else. Does the pump run properly when it overheats?

Thanks for reply

Yes, pump works fine on second attempt, although there sounds as though there is air in it but this settles down after a while. I've purged heat exchanger, air trap and rads but no change. It was a bit of wishful thinking re: changing limit stat as this is the only thing that has not been changed on this boiler apart from the driver board. and apparantly these are not manufactured any more. So it 's looking like having to get a replacement.

Many thanks Don

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back