Myson radiator valves - how to remove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am told I can unscrew the Myson Thermo radiator valves and remove them, although haven't yet tried. I'm told they simply screw off, is that correct?

Sponsored Links
Undo the metal ring just below the white plastic head, and the head should just lift off.

Note this only removes the thermostatic head, not the valve part. The valve will be fully open with the head removed.

Thank you Flameport, That doesn't sound good, and I wasn't sure it was a good idea but after a recent installation of a new combi boiler, when I complained to the installer that it seemed excessively noisy, they sent out an engineer from the makers (he said it was normal for it to be that noisy!!!) and when I explained that I was also having trouble 'balancing' the heat from each radiator he said just use the room thermostat (in the lounge) and take off the TRVs - don't need them, he said. I was worried that there might be a leak from the radiators and wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do anyway, since I was so used to my old system boiler and was able to control it very well. Apparently the new boilers are 'intelligent' and don't need a person to 'interfere' with their workings!!
Anyway, I'll work it out before the really cold weather comes along!! Hopefully the shower pressure will also get 'sorted' as well. All in all it's been a great disappointment to me, considering the expense and disruption - story of my life really!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back