National Grid - wanting to move gas meter!

no namsag i am not confusiug anything i know the differenvce between standing pressure and working pressure and as i said name a maufacturer who is happy with 9.5mb wp as stated in previous post was stated 16.5 at govenor so standing pressure so inlet pressure at gasvalve appliance is not allowed to be below 15.5 so name one manufacturerwho says 9.5 working pressure is fine and can you expain to me why iam confused and explain it to me in simple terms because reading the posts again i think i am only who is not confused so please do enlighten me
peekay53

Sponsored Links
You are confused because you seem to think a 19mm service pipe is not capable of supply the correct pressure for several appliances to be on at one time and would not be capable of running a boiler over 35kw is that not what you said

yes 19mm pipework with the correct pressure can supply multiple appliances but not with a wp of 9mb are you accepting BGSM jack is correct in this 16.5mb standing pressure down to 9mb working pressure at one point so how in the world are you telling me this is correct am i reading this wrong namsag please just follow this for one moment
if you went to a job and found 16.5 mb standing pressure inlet on meter after regulator as BGSMJACK says he did and working pressure got as low as 9mb at one point what would your course of action be

I am not interested in where the thread has gone i was correcting you for giving wrong information that a 19mm service pipe would not be adequate for multiple appliance use or be able to take a larger boiler in the future. I never said anything about how low a working pressure

But
Too low a working pressure depending on the appliance would be ID or AR depending on flame stability and complete combustion.
A low appliance inlet pressure that does not affect the appliance and is above the manufacturers minimum for applianceis believe it or not NCS.

So say a baxi 105 that requires 12.5 mb working pressure if there was 13mb at appliance inlet then this would be NCS .
If it was less than 12.5 you have to then use your judgement whether its making the appliance dangerous and to what extent if any

Sponsored Links
you have now changed your mind from me not knowing standing working pressure difference and now i am being told i was wrong to say 19mm pe pipe will not supply and this is correct depending on the pressure available at meter inlet as you know this in some area can be very low have you never come across this and this is what i was talking about i notice you would not comment on BGSMJACK COMMENT THAT 16.5mb
standing pressure and 9mb working pressure which by your own admission could be ID AR so how come your not on his case oh let me see well could be the old boys BG network
peekay53

Whats up feeling victimised .
No old boy network jack is not a proper gasman he is a meter changer who still has a lot to learn but never will while just doing meters.
And as i said i had not even bothered to read the subsequent debate as the minute people start talking about standing pressures i find it boring and usually irrelevant . Working pressure at meter and appliance is what should be concentrated on

you still never answer do you so if the pressure is lower than expected and gov/reg is checked and ok would you still let someone fit a 19mm pe
pipe where before you had an iron supply yes or no
peekay53

Well firstly i would have no say in it as NG OR Whoever works that area decide what to do you i or householder has no input into this.
But i know how they work and they would not put a new service in that could not provide the correct pressures ,
Believe it or not they do have equipment to check pressures being delivered before they undertake any such work.
And i am not on about a U gauge attached to a meter and how would you know a governor is working ok if the pressure was that low you could not get 19/23 mb.

Pressure in the street is up to 75 mb which is well over 3 times what is expected in the house

the most important few words you have spoken are these "main pressure in the street in up to 75 mb" which is nearly 3 times bet you have come across 30/40 a lot more than 75 mb and i know how to test mains pressure having worked for nat grid and through that knowing 90% regulators are correct have changed enough and adjusted enough to know that. Age and size of supply pipes being one of the many variables in mains pressure there are so many variables in this that we cant take for granted what mains pressure is and i for one never do always err on side of caution

30 or 40 is still ok for insertion.
IF you have worked for national grid and know about pressures you would not have made the 19mm is not big enough comment .

Ok you go to a jobin your NG capacity poor pressure how would you check incoming pressure from the mains

probrably same way you bg lads used to at ecv diconnect regulator 3/4 blank with test point then 48in manorflex u gauge is that same as you or am i wrong again sorry i mean confused
any way what ever i say you will try to turn it i still insist if your mains pressure is not that good you should not then further restrict by using 19mmpe you know exactly what i am trying to say but like a lot of BG club you like to show us mere mortals that your infallible but i cant be bothered massaging your huge ego anymore so see you soon xxx

peekay53

I never said anything about the standing pressure.

At the meter test nipple the WP was 9.5mb with all appliances running. You only need to test a minimum of 3 rings on a hob to get a working pressure, but yes as you state that 9mbWP is unnacceptable, This is the reason we called NG.

NG got a working pressure before the regulator and found it to be 16.5mb. This is still an unacceptable wp before the regulator, as NGs tofo point is 16mbWP.

NG said they would get a team out to clean the service or uprate it if required.

But in relation to a 19mm service, Ive seen 8 appliances connected on a G4/E6 which still gave a WP of 19.5

I was informed once (by national grid gas) all new or altered meter positions will need to be external.
All new builds have to comply and blocks of flats are going to have communal boilers with no gas in flats for cooking.
Something to do with national grid wanting to use medium gas pressure up to the meter,why i dont know. :unsure:

How long has the adult training centre been letting them stay up late on a saturday :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back