Nearly Been Screwed On Job Price Again!!!!!

only done one, he was as good as gold. Luckily the tree surgeon i use had worked for him first and told me he would haggle, but once agreed paid it all up. Just went in at a higher price, let him haggle (which i never normally do) and came away with the price it would have been anyway. He was happy, i was happy. He signed the piece of paper and was there the day we finished with the cheque. Since then he has always given anyone assosciated with the job very good discounts in his up market restaurant.

Take them as you find them.

Sponsored Links
i have worked for two Indians. no problem.

it's the cowboys who always have trouble with the Indians.

only done one, he was as good as gold. Luckily the tree surgeon i use had worked for him first and told me he would haggle, but once agreed paid it all up. Just went in at a higher price, let him haggle (which i never normally do) and came away with the price it would have been anyway. He was happy, i was happy. He signed the piece of paper and was there the day we finished with the cheque. Since then he has always given anyone assosciated with the job very good discounts in his up market restaurant.

Take them as you find them.

Special Branch??? :rolleyes:

oh you are a wag!

rofl5.gif
hahaha.gif
spank2.gif
jail.gif
lach.gif
tongueout.gif

just found a new one for you MR N as well!
fun_84.gif

Sponsored Links
satanschild said:
Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Nigerian landlords. It's someone else's turn to get screwed by them.

This is just funny, I stopped using English tradesmen because I thought they overcharged! - I can see the logic, however odd it seems.

Paid £240 for a, English Roofer to reset ONE ridge tile, English Plasterer: £300 for a single 10'X20 wall skimmed (base plaster perfect condition, no changes).

Learnt fast! - rest of the house refurbished by using as much Asian labour as poss - direct, no arguments, no swearing, decent jobs. The Polish lads are also coming on a storm although used them only once.

Looks like the British economy is big enough to work both ways, allowing the clients to choose the workforce and vice versa. :LOL:

Funny that quote, the Asian families we look after wont use Asian tradesmen, not sure why. Used to have loads of bother with haggling, its part of the culture, ever been to Egypt! its a standard part of shopping.
All deals are now down via the heads of the families, even the first phone call, ****es of the lower ranks when there told to go through Babboo (example). Strange sort of Mafia type of thing, the haggling and barter is all done before the job and payment is sort of underwritten. Not once had a problem since. Never done a job for a Nigerian landlord any advise.

Sponsored Links
Back