Need a new Combi Boiler - Any recomendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to buy a new combi boiler (condensing) - can anyone recommend any?

I've come across BAXI, Vaillant, Bosch but don't know which one is better!

Can you also let me know what power output I would need - I have a 4 bed house (3 storey) with 8 radiators!

Thanks in advance :D :D :D

Sheraz

Sponsored Links
What is your existing boiler make and model??? How do you find its performanance?

The most important questions you have not answered, how many live there and how many bathrooms and do they take baths or showers?

Is a BMW better than an Audi or a Volvo?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Current boiler is a Alpha which is about 12 yrs old; it has been ok but takes a while to heat the house!

Family size is 6 with 1 bathroom!

Hope this helps!

PS I have a Audi which I think is better than a BMW :LOL: :LOL:

Is that a 24 kW Alpha?

That boiler should easily heat any normal house so the heat output may need adjusting.

The hot water is another matter.

You can only supply just ONE outlet with a normal combi boiler!

You like your Audi but others like their BMWs. Same with boilers!

Vaillant generally are well liked technically although their customer services is considered rather poor and their management seem to have no resolve to improve it. This is an open forum and they can read this and even telephone me FREE to discuss it on 0800 955 4454 but they are apparently just not concerned.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what the output is!

Vaillant have come across a few times so may be best to go with them!

What are your thoughts to the Wolf boilers - I've not heard them being mentioned anywhere but Pulsar direct seem to think they are good!

Cheers

Sheraz

Do a search on the forum, this question has been asked so many times, there must be a thousand posts on it

Have a look at Broag Remeha, supurb Boilers with a Good customer support, we fit nothing else, since ditching Vaillant due to niggling faults ;)

i fit a lot of baxi duo tecs.They seem to have had their test period I dont get any problems and they are a fair priced band A boiler.

Thanks everyone :D

My gas man recomended the Vaillant EcoTec Plus or Vokera Unica- he said I can't go wrong with them. He said the Vaillant are very good I should aim to get this.

Lets see where I can find the best price . . . . . .

Sheraz

might help first to check your incoming flow rate and water pressure.before anyone could suggest what heating/water system can be of any help.p.s viessmann boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back