need advise on flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive just built a dormer and just wanted to know if i should i just use cover flashing or do i need soakers my tiles r interlock and what is the min/max width of the lead in the valley?

Sponsored Links
If your tiles are flat then you will need soakers if they have a profile you can flash on to the tile code 5 lead 16" wide will do for the valley.

yes my tiles hav a profile on them so i should save a few £`s on lead just 1 more thing when i cut my tiles to form the valley do i need to put those comb things under them? were i come from we call them (bird stop)

Sponsored Links
You can use a fibre glass dry valley if you want to save some money on lead.

Interlocking tiles i'd go for GRP.. lead is wasted on them imho
If you use lead 450mm correctly detailed of which there is tons of free info around

Small comment on above posts, as you say it's a dormer I'm assuming it is mid roof so the valley doesn't meet the main eave, if so remember you will need saddles at the top and bottom of the valley with GRP, by the time you buy the lead for the saddles it may well end up costing the same as leading the whole valley

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back