Need help wiring a new digital thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am replacing an old honeywell room thermostat with a programmable digital Drayton one but cant work out what wires go where.

below is a diagram of the current wiring - i have 3 cables in positions 1,2 & 4

The new stat has 3 connection points - C, ON & OFF - here is a link to the installation guide - http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10384.

I thought it would be C = 1 (which should be live), ON = 3 (which is a switch i think) and OFF = 2 (which i think is neutral). However I tried this and the fuse blows?

Thanks

Marc

Sponsored Links
Starting a new thread will not resolve your problem any quicker, on the contrary, helpers may get confused and not bother posting.
You are wrong in your thinking, about the wiring, C is the supply to the 'Stat, ON is supply back to boiler (combi) or valve (heat only blr),
Off would be to a MOMO valve, not usually reqd.

Why start another thread. :rolleyes: unless you don't believe my last answer.

The brown goes to the C, and the earth goes to the ON and should have a red sleeve on it.

The blue neutral needs to be made safe with a connector block, and not connected to anything.

That's it two wires only required.

Sponsored Links
Use the brown and blue and terminate the earth wire. The earth should not be used as a live conductor.

Use the brown and blue and terminate the earth wire. The earth should not be used as a live conductor.

That would mean altering it at source, e.g.boiler.

But I do agree it would be better.

The blue is a neutral, or am I still too drunk to follow this thread?

Just seen DOI's reply :oops: Better idea.

Better bu@@er off, :oops:

Mr. W.

ok thanks all. it doesnt work. perhaps the thermostat is broken...
you may have fried something if you powered it up with a "neutral", there would be a 'straight short killing something'

Starting a new thread will not resolve your problem any quicker, on the contrary, helpers may get confused and not bother posting.
The OP is also running the same problem, twice, on another Forum. That means he has asked it four times in all.

Let him stew. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back