Need help with an Ideal Isar HE35 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always leave the central heating on low when I go to bed but I got up this morning to no heating. The boiler display is showing that the heating and the hot water is set to "on" but the rads are cold and there is hot water. If I turn the hot water "off" then the heating comes on.

How do I set the boiler so that I have the central heating on and hot water in the tap when I need it?

Sponsored Links
Have you got a manual with the boiler? especially a user manual since the back of the installation manual contains the user manual which tells you how to set the boiler up, it would be easier for you to read it than for me to explain it.

u should see a 'd' symbol when hw being used or is on preheat mode
and a 'c' symbol when ch on
if ur not seeing a 'c' then promblem with external controls not calling for heat,also check u have no dripping hw taps ,as if so this will leave boiler in hw mode

Screen just shows CH "on", HW "on and the picture of the tap. The are no other letter or symbols. (With and without water running)

I have a manual but is only tells me how to put on the CH or the HW but not both at the same time.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have the version with the built in programmer.

the picture of the tap usually indicates that you have a hot tap in use or one that is dripping slightly.

as a quick check you can turn the cold water isolating valve off under the boiler. if this brings the heating on AND you are certain all hot taps are off then you have a leak on the hot water pipes somewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back