Need info on old boiler and advice

Thanks Mickyg,

Can you explain how I get the chemical in the system? Do I add into the radiator header tank, drain some radiators to make sure the chemical gets into the system?

Also what chemical do you recommend? does the chemical stay in for good or should I drain after some time?

Sponsored Links
basically yes. drain a good amount of water out of the system. add chemical and refill.
I would firstly add Sentinel X200 and X400. Leave in for about 8 weeks.
Then drain and let it flush through. Refill with X100.
Then find someone local who's happy servicing older boilers.

you prob won't completely cure the noise, but you should do enough to improve it and at least prevent it getting much worse.

Sponsored Links
Can you get anything for an irritating customer, where do I put the x200, in the mouth, nose, ears, free advice only please :LOL:

I would never mix two treatments!

X800 for sludge needs four HOURS unlike X400 which takes four WEEKS!

Then drain and refill and then add X200. That can be left in the system and an X100 added later.

Tony

I would never mix two treatments!

X800 for sludge needs four HOURS unlike X400 which takes four WEEKS!

Then drain and refill and then add X200. That can be left in the system and an X100 added later.

Tony

its fine stop getting excited.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back