Need larger sheet MDF grille - anyone help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for a decorative MDF grille for the back of a cabinet. I can find any number of patterns and finishes online, but they are all 1830mm x 610mm sheets. The space I need filled is 1600mm x 1000mm, so I'd need to join two sheets to fit, which I don't imagine would be either easy nor invisible.

I can find decorative metal grilles of that size, but would prefer MDF or wood.

Anyone know of a supplier that can do larger sheets of MDF grille?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
you would need a minimum off 1 support preferably 3 for a sheet that size so settle for 2 sheets with a support between and be prepared to introduce another support each half if nessisery

As mentioned, it would be unstable any larger than available and flap around or bow too easily. :cry:

All true, guys, all true.

However, lets suppose for the purposes of my installation I wanted to buy a larger sheet (and let me deal with the support issue), can I buy one anywhere?

Sponsored Links
don't think it exists your best bet is to phone/email and ask
i have successfully glued 2 bits together to save buying another sheet but that was a more normal 500x500 size you couldn't see the join when painted and there was no backing

brass comes in 1800x900mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back