Need old style 20amp MK sentry MCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I need an old style 20amp MK Sentry MCB, the type with the big busbar/terminal screws top and bottom and with the flat black breaker.

i've found a guy selling some on eBay and just wondered if its a good price for one, £6.50 doesn't seem bad for an obsolete product but id appreciate your advice before i commit to buying one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MK-LN-sentry-...ryZ26215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
Dan

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
to the man who wants one, £6.50 is a reasonable price.

There must be hundreds of these chucked in skips every day. No reason why the old feller shouldn't make a living out of them.

I see the advertiser makes no mention of condition.

Hi John,

I wasn't questioning the price as its no more expensive than a new MK breaker, it will just save me having to fath about with a conversion kit. I just wanted some advice on what to look out for when buying used stuff.

My gut instinct tells me to just buy it, the sellers feedback is good and looking at the other items they seem to sell a lot of old obsolete stuff.

Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
One issue is that you can't know for sure what it's been through, mind you the same applies when you take over a building (whether residential or commerical) from a previous occupant so provided the breaker appears in good condition I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The picure is obviously a stock photo the seller uses for breakers of that type so it might be an idea to confirm that the breaker he plans to sell you is in good condition (no significant discouloring, no burn marks etc).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back