need some advice please...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old water system with a gas boiler, water tanks, cylinder etc.

I want to change to a combi boiler, which at the moment I am looking for a corgi to do it for me, and removing all the tanks and cylinders.

However I want to do the bathroom myself. But the problem is that I only have an electric power shower in both of the bathrooms.

So do I actually have to do the bathroom first before the combi is fitted? I understand that power shower cannot take pressure from the combi (i.e main water), so if the combi is fitted first, I will have no shower but only the bath.... is that correct?

Therefore in this situation, what are the proper steps to DIY the bathroom?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if you have a pumped power shower it will be tank fed and all the tanks are coming out so whats the problem :?:
if you have two bathrooms isolate the water to one then pull it to bits :)

kevplumb said:
if you have a pumped power shower it will be tank fed and all the tanks are coming out so whats the problem :?:

but once the combi is fitted, I will not able to have shower until the power shower is replaced with a Shower mixer?

I assume the power shower will bust if i turned on after the combi is fitted...?

my worry is just that there will be no shower for a few days, after the combi is fitted and before I changed to a shower mixer...

Sponsored Links
yes, So that means I need to do the bathroom, change the power shower to a mixer shower, then I can enjoy a shower straight after the combi is fitted right?

sorry to sounds abit dumb, i just want to make myself clear.. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back