Need to open patio doors other side first

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by Snoogle, 5 Mar 2012.

1. Snoogle

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, before I get into the explanation of what advice I need I'd like to apologise for my ignorance on correct terminology :oops: lol

Now I've got that out the way I'll get onto my question...We've just moved into a house and need to make the patio doors from the front room leading to the conservatory open left side first (currently open right side first). It looks like if I was to remove the central strip and put it on the other door I would be able to open left side first, but, I have no idea how to swap it over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Couple of pictures of what I mean....

Any advice/tips would be great :)

Ta very much!!
    Sam

2. crank39

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you're prepared for a bit dremmel(ing) then as far as i can remember it should be just a swap around.

The only thing i can think of that will be handed is the latch on the master door, hopefully the latch can be spun, if not then the mechanism is handed and then it becomes expensive, check if you can alter the latch first before going further, there may be a pozi screw going through the face of it, if so take it out and spin the latch. And also you'll need to move the shootbolt keeps over to the other door, these are the metal plates top and bottom of the frame

The flying mullion or the bit of plastic on the slave door is held on with 4 or 5 screws behind some screw caps