Needing help with a Siemens RDE10 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been in my new build home for a little over 2 years..just recently the thermostat started acting wierd..when my heating is turned off the display panel works fine..but once I turn on the heating..the display panel soon fades away to leave a blank screen, this means the heating runs continous and I have to switch it off at the boiler..
After a few hours the numbers re appear on the screen..Once I turn on the heating the whole process repeats itself.
It is a Siemens RDE10..(no batteries) model.
I just replaced it tonight with another Siemens RDE 10..and this one has no display showing on the screen at all..and isnt even working the Potterton boiler..:(
Any help is much appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Who wired in the RDE10?

Do you have a separate time clock, e.g built-in to boiler?

The RDE10 was wired in by the company who built the house..the house is only 3 years old.
The boiler is a potterton pro max combi HE plus..
The only timer I have is the one built into the RDE10.
hope this helps..thanks for responding..:)

The RDE10 was wired in by the company who built the house..the house is only 3 years old.
The boiler is a potterton pro max combi HE plus..
The only timer I have is the one built into the RDE10.
hope this helps..thanks for responding..:)
It eliminates one possible cause.

Remove the RDE10 from the backplate and note which terminals have wires connected. Post this info.

Are you sure the replacement isn't a battery powered version (RDE 10.1)?

Sponsored Links
Ive posted a pic of the wiring layout..in my albums.
Its definetly not a battery operated RDE10 mate..theres no compartment slot.

The brown and blue wires on the left provide power to the stat. If you have a multimeter (and know how to use it ;) ), check there is 240Vac between these terminals.

If there isn't 240Vac, you will have to trace these wires back to source and find out why not.

As for the other two wires, they should be in terminals Q11 and Q14 (either way round).

The brown and blue wires on the left provide power to the stat. If you have a multimeter (and know how to use it ;) ), check there is 240Vac between these terminals.

If there isn't 240Vac, you will have to trace these wires back to source and find out why not.

As for the other two wires, they should be in terminals Q11 and Q14 (either way round).
I dont have a multimeter mate..its never been my strongpoint (electricals)...I think Im going to have to get someone out to check it over..thanks for taking the time to help though..its very much appreciated..

Hello Cannyblowk,I have just started having,pretty much the identical problem,with my RDE 10. Just wondered,what the solution to your problem was?

Hi Cannyblowk/Colingar,

I have the similar issue guys. Do you know what is the fix please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back