neff dishwasher can hear motor but nothing else happens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help please. dishwasher is switched on and can hear motor but nothing else happens. no water nothing. the tablet is still in the dispenser. i have never put salt in the compartment as i was told the tablets already have these in but i opened the salt compartment on bottom on floor and its full of water is it suppose to be? twisted and lifted the bottom filter but nothing in there to clear about 1cm of water in the bottom. kept the filter lid off and added hot water from kettle water would not drain away. had a feel and can feel some kind of valve. when i start a programme and leave the door open this water spins around but nothing comes out of the spray arms and they do not move. twisted off the spray arms and they are not blocked. dont know what else to try

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you may have a leak & the anti-flood device has kicked in. Lean the dishwasher forward (or backward) to see if water runs off the baseplate. Have some old towels ready!

the dishwasher is intergrated so since posting yesterday i disconnected the pipe that runs from the dishwasher under the sink and jeted water into it (thinking blockage) nothing changed still same syptoms. so later on i dismantled some of the units base cover to try and see underneath and there is water under the unit but im now thinking i may have forced a pipe on with jetting water into the washer?? i put two kettle worth of boiling water down the filter and it comes straight out the bottom not sure where though. cant get to the back of it because of the fitted worktop. what should i do???

Trying to back-flush a drain hose isn't a good idea, as you probably realize by now. The dishwasher has to come out to do anything with it. From your OP I would say the original problem was an internal leak as mentioned earlier. What has happened since you tried to back-flush the drain hose is anyone's guess.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back