Neff dishwasher - how to enter test mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does someone have a summary of test modes / test cycles for UK Neff dishwashers (I have model S5444X1GB/08 fully integrated - it has 4 buttons, a 65, 50, 35 and rinse wash). I found a site and manual referring to US models but am not sure how that maps across to my model and if I did start the test mode exactly how to interpret any outcome!

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
My machine has an intermittent fault. Summary (apologies for length)

- It's an inherited dishwasher from previous owners (who say they never had problems with it) so don't know the full history.
- worked fine for a couple of weeks on 65 degrees setting, cleaning well and then just ran on one morning (had been running all night) and seemed to be stuck on the rinse cycle with lots of water in the dishwasher when interupted it
- After a few attempts to reset and end cycle it finally did, but on trying a cycle again I just had the same issue.
- Post here indicated about Anti flood device, so I pulled out the dishwasher, tipped it (more than 45 degrees from vertical) and no water came out at all
- Put in back in place and it worked around six times on the 50 degrees wash (initial cycle taking a normal amount of time, but the last completed cycles were taking around 4 hours) before it did the running on and on
- This time it seems it consistently gets to a point in the cycle when it is trying to drain and there is a draining sound made regularly from the sink waster, then 20 second hum, then more drain noise etc. The dishes are clean of food etc and seem quite washed, but (it has definitely got through the heating the water up stage) but there was a slight film of something left on the dishes and it hadn’t seemed to get to the steam stage. There is no or a very small amount of water left at the bottom of the machine and some of the glasses often have water still in them, the dishes don’t though. This time, you if you press the reset buttons to end the cycle it ends very promptly
- pulled it out again, tipped it as before, no water came out. Put it back in place, dishwasher also completed another couple of cycles at 65 degree washes, but then the same problem of it running on and on several days ago and getting stuck at the gurgling draining point. If you press the reset buttons to end the cycle it ends very promptly. It could complete a prerinse cycle. Completed a 35 degree cycle yesterday.

I'm fairly confident the heating element side is working as when it does work, it's all coming out steamy hot. There could be an extremely minor leak somewhere (which dreis out in between some cycles) which could well be an effort to find and so I'm tempted to call someone in to just replace most relevant seals - my worry is that some other major part is wrong which is expensive and I should just get a new dishwasher!

I know test cycles tend to test the heating side, water fill and empty side and the NTC sensor, so would like to be able to run this to eliminated heating and NTC if possible (or does the fact that it works sometimes already eliminate these?)

Soz for long post!

Switch the DW off. Open the door & close the soap dispenser. Press & hold any two program buttons then press main switch until the model coding is indicated via LED's 2 & 4 on the program buttons. Release the two buttons you held in. LED 3 comes on and LED L4 should flash. Press the 4th program button to display the last recorded error. Last recorded fault in the Eeprom is indicated by the status of the 3 LED's to the left of the program buttons. Post the LED status here...

Sponsored Links
Ta for assistance, tried what you've said, but had to do a variation to get something to work.

Let me describe what I did to see if it helps:

Going left to right I have:
On/Off switch
End light
Salt light
Rinse light
65 degree wash button with light
50 degree wash button with light
35 degree wash button with light
Rinse wash button with light

So I did the soap dispenser open/close pressed any two buttons and the on/off, only the 65 light comes on. I let go and the 50 light is on and 35 flashing.

At this point I have various options with lots of various outcomes. Am I doing the right thing? If I'm on the right lines could you let me know what sequence I should then press?

Thanks for the help!!

I let go and the 50 light is on and 35 flashing
When you get to this stage press the 35C button & observe the status of the end/salt/rinse lights (these signal error codes). Led's are either out or flashing rapidly, post the sequence you see.

Thanks for the reply.

Done that and those three lights are are all out (50 light stays on and 35 stays flashing - so basically it makes no change to the status of the lights).

Rather than more typing, trial, & error send me a private message through the messages function & include a valid email. I'll send you an active test procedure. Note this covers models with both 4 & 5 program buttons.

Would very much appreciate it if yiu could let me have sight of the abovem- dishwasher not filling or washing -arms not moving - test procedure gets 011 (end/rinse/salt leds).

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back