Neighbours boiler safety becasue of my new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mike but that is rubbish, the boiler will be sucking back in poc's and the boiler will be producing carbon monoxide in quantity which in turn affects the combustion, the boiler is now very much at risk and should be moved asap.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
Sponsored Links
A picture tells a thousand words! indeed.
Looking at your picture, I can't see much of an issue, regarding the operation of his boiler, the flue terminal still has plenty of space to breath and discharge and disperse fumes, I can assure you his boiler simply did not stop because of your porch has been erected too near his terminal, it is not too near from operational point of view, but too close from safety point of view. His flue would have to be almost touching your wall before it becomes an issue to the correct operation of your boiler or it stops working as it cannot breath oxygen in!

I really wish you wouldn't comment on things that you don't have the slightest clue about.

Of course a flue that close will cause probs, in fact with an older boiler more CO will be produced compaired to a new boiler making the situation worse, i bet the ratio is all over the place

Gentlemen, I don't wish to argue on this, but I just made a small point with regards to his boiler shutting down. POC gasses are quite hot, and hot air tends to rise immediately and disperse, unless blown down by an air turbulence, which is rare any way. The POC does not linger around the flue, or else all boilers with concentric flues (Co-axial flues) would be sucking in POC as the two flue tubes inner and outer terminate so close to each other, so this installation can only be dangerous from the health & safety point of view and not from the functioning of the boiler. and of course being so close to his porch wall, it can be also be detrimental to his porch wall.

My point was that his boiler did not shut down because of the porch he erected, but possibly through another cause or it did not stop at all but the neighbor asked him to made a point to Mr Porch that it did, and that does not explains why his boiler is still running then, it would have shut down many times more in these many days.

So in view of safe boiler operation as well health and safety issues i said it should be moved, I stated that any way in the interest of both parties.

we might as well just beat our heads against the porch wall as try & get through to you that you are wrong on so many levels :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You can if you want to strike your head on that Porch, :p but you will need OP's permission first! after that the authorities will section you for mental health, :LOL: if that is what you desire, its your choice, please feel free!

On the other hand I might as well bang my head :( against the co-axial flue and bend it so that there are no more issues.

Oh wait a minute I am not allowed to touch that unless I am RGI! :(

Let us start again,

look at that picture, what you don't see is the OP's side extension is at least 1 meter away from the boundary wall, that is as per the building regs. However, OP's neighbor's side extension isn't 1 meter away, if i am not wrong one can barely squeeze in that gap between the garden wall and his side extension, where the flue is.

So for a start, if the council gets involved, his neighbour's extension does not meet planning criteria. Then adding a flue to that wall so close to OP's boundary is a major H & S concern.

we might as well just beat our heads against the porch wall as try & get through to you that you are wrong on so many levels :rolleyes:

He chops and changes his mind too
Need some advice on this one.

Just had a new porch built etc etc
So I want to know what to do, who was at fault, who is to blame, how can this be resolved. Who will have to foot the bill.

Cheers.

Answer in short is YOU. You will have to foot the bill.

So now the bottom line issue is who really is responsible for this, and who should be forking the cost of moving his flue?

So in short the answer is him, he should,!

Chops and changes my mind based on latest Pictures, so what is your problem?

often utter *******s comes from you lot too!

Would the OP's issue have arisen if his neighbour (who is clearly in the fault from two perspectives, i.e. the extension being just around a foot away from the boundary, building regs and planning state a 1m gap should be the minimum , secondly the flue issues)

so would OP have taken any action or consulted this forums if his neighbour hadn't approached him regarding his boiler having gone off! ????

I would think No, since he never raised an issues with him before regarding the flue, so he would probably not have done anything except may be when his porch might start becoming damp from the condensation if at all.

his neighbour thinks that OP's new Porch has caused his issues with his boiler, whereas, Op has been quite lucky that his fanlight hasn't been inducting fumes from his flue for all those years before! but somehow it suddenly becomes life threatening issue, the fact OP is now slightly more safer than before because of his new porch! as he no longer has a fan light!

(but not entirely safe as the door can still be left open and fumes can enter through an open door or enter through air gaps in the door, but his risk has not changed for the worst)

his neighbour is clearly pushing his boundary and probably wants OP to pay for any changes to his boiler or its flue. So OP has nothing to worry about this apart from the serious life threatening issues that his flue can cause to OP, so the neighbour will have to take immediate steps to put things right at his own expense.

On the other hand I might as well bang my head :( against the co-axial flue and bend it so that there are no more issues ).

(

Only an RGI is permitted to do any work to a flue!

I am fully aware of that! lol thats why i said I can't even bang my head against that! if i did, then the chances are if I survived the impact, the H&S would crucify me!

Mike as usual you are talking utter shlte. Stop giving advise you are ill equipped to dish out.

Makes you look a bit of a prat frankly.

Have I given any ill equipped advise? show me where I have given any such advise apart from suggesting who may be at fault, in this thread, and shedding my opinion regarding Op's neighbour's boiler failure according to my opinion has not been caused by the porch.

Can you not comprehend that statement? my opinion may be right or wrong, it does not matter as it is just an opinion, not an advise.

I never got personal with anyone despite my disagreement with their opinion, neither did I say that their opinion is crap, but you did.

If you can't have a decent discussion then you should not get personal.

I joined these forums not only to seek advise on different matters but also to give out general advise where I feel I can contribute, in number of different subjects, never have I given any bad advise or broken any forum rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back