Neighbours noisy water pump

Agile said:
The other had a badly managed baby which screamed at all hours of the day.
Tsk. Those badly managed babies eh!

I bet it dribbled too. What on earth is a good citizen supposed to do. :rolleyes:

Don’t worry if you don’t know the answer to that one softy, Britain's record number of teenage single mums don’t know either.
:p

Sponsored Links
bengasman said:
Don’t worry if you don’t know the answer to that one softy, Britain's record number of teenage single mums don’t know either.
:p
Blimey! And Agile is responsible for all of those? :eek:

As fitting a pump is notifiable I agree with last post. :rolleyes:

Now I have an old pump I removed that works perfectly, under similar conditions it would be place on a board as close the their bedroom as possible, and turned on/off with a timer every 10mins throughout the night :evil: :LOL:

I suppose I could try to be a nuisance too but I really want just to sort this. Can you tell me what you mean by notifiable? To whom? If it is notifiable does that mean there's somebody I can contact and say you know this pump that was fitted at such and such address -- it's noisy can you ask them to do something about it? Where would I go for more information about this notifiable business? Ta

Phone up your water supplier, and Building office, some plumbers can self certify if they are registered

One of the worse things you can do is connect a pump to a wc, the thing will keep shunting on and off for ages

Sponsored Links
thanks, I'll be calling Thames Water and the council in the morning. I'm presuming then that if it is notifiable and they've not notified the appropriate bodies that they will have to do something? All seems a bit much for an extra 3sq feet of space in the bathroom and improved cistern filling time.

Thames Water and the council say that the pump isn't notifiable so unless the neighbours will listen to reason it will be the environmental health, so if anybody else has any ideas about what to suggest to the neighbours I'd be really grateful

Have a look at the Neighbours from Hell website.

My suggestion though would be to take the friendly approach, in the interests of future good relations. Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold as we discovered when we were forced to move by violent drug dealers moving in next door. Our new neighbours are an absolute delight and life is so much less stressful as a result.

I would invite them round for a drink and then ask if we could discuss the matter amicably - the suggestion that you pay a plumber to have a look at it is the best.

I would invite them round for a drink and then ask if we could discuss the matter amicably - the suggestion that you pay a plumber to have a look at it is the best.
better still, take them and me out for a meal in a decent restaurant in the Smoke ..........and I`ll sort it for Country Money ;) :LOL:

There's a good chance a bright plumber could fix it in one visit. Pumps from next door are not normally a problem!
I don't think it's worth getting stroppy over maybe £80.
Good idea to ask then round. Good neighbourly relations are important to me, it's worth some effort.

Well I think I'll try the route offering to find them a plumber who can sort it and hope for the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back