Neighbours weeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This bush is growing over my neighbours shed and into my garden. It looks like it’s rooted behind the shed. Is there anyway I can kill this to avoid keep cutting it.
321EAC5D-51F1-468E-ACD8-B3E6DF0815AB.jpeg
585D6C50-5C7E-4222-8AC6-CAC6528D0274.jpeg

Sponsored Links
They want it gone, but don’t know how to get rid.

Sponsored Links
Glyphosate sprayed on and with no rain for several hours will kill it.

I use a product called roundup concentrate which i believe is the same as Glyphosate, just branded and also i think a lot more expensive - but i got a few 1L concentrate a few years ago, on offer around £30 a litre , works really well , allow about 10days for the thing to die back, i have cleared loads of ivy and weeds , under llyandi and also in out courtyard - excellent stuff, use it a few times a year around different places

I have this is very good takes a week to see results start, then does the job.
I would repeat spay 2/3 times on those weeds

Do a google to see what size you want to purchase.

Agrigem GALLUP HOME & GARDEN WEED CONTROL HERBICIDE 2L | INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH GLYPHOSATE WEED KILLER FOR EFFECTIVE WEED CONTROL OF ANNUAL & PERENNIAL GRASS & BROAD LEAVED WEEDS​

If your neighbour gives you permission and you are happy to do it, just bog-standard weedkiller sprayed around should work just fine. But it looks like there's a lot of it and you'd have to go in their garden and do it. You could just spray the bit you can reach from your side but it'll still come back.

Just dig it out, it will take half an hour from start to finish and you won't be using chemicals and looking at it every day waiting for the effect.
And, you'd still have to dig it out even if you kill it.

If it's growing between the fence and shed. getting to it to dig out might be a nightmare. Clearing it would certainly be advised once it's dead though, it'll look a right mess and could even be a fire risk

I use a product called roundup concentrate which i believe is the same as Glyphosate, just branded and also i think a lot more expensive - but i got a few 1L concentrate a few years ago, on offer around £30 a litre , works really well , allow about 10days for the thing to die back, i have cleared loads of ivy and weeds , under llyandi and also in out courtyard - excellent stuff, use it a few times a year around different places
the commercial version is often branded Gallop or Rosate and it much stronger than the retail version

30ml per litre in a sprayer

the commercial version is often branded Gallop or Rosate and it much stronger than the retail version

30ml per litre in a sprayer
I'm not sure it is actually more concentrated, but you can buy it in 5-10L (maybe bigger) bottles. Regular Roundup seems to be 20ml/L for normal use and 20-30 seems to be the standard for every product I've bought (double for scorched earth policy and more established shrubs) and they all seem to work as effectively.

Are you sure this is not Japaneses knotweed . Red branches are a sure sign

If so you would need it commercially treated

Hopefully not Japanese knotweed, as it's illegal to allow that to spread into the wild.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back